What would your future look like if you were to take the time to set S.M.A.R.T goals – Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, and Timely – in the six most important areas of your life? Some of these areas include, Family, Career, Business, and Spirituality. You CAN achieve your goals, and it starts with putting it in writing.
You’ve probably heard the quote many times, “A goal is just a dream if you fail to write it down.” In reality, if you’ve not take the time to put your goals in writing, all you have is a wish or multiple wishes.
Questions on How to Achieve Your Goals
Here are some questions to ask yourself and answer – in writing:
- What do you want to accomplish in your …. in the next month, 3 months, 6 months, 12 months?
- Are you setting goals that are relevant to you, your life, and your business, or are you setting goals based on the expectations that others have of you?
- Did you set goals in the past and never saw them through?
- Did you attempt to work on the goals you set but seemed to encounter obstacles to your success?
It may not be your fault entirely. Perhaps you did not understand the basics of goal-setting and how to achieve your goals. Perhaps the obstacles appeared to be insurmountable and so they derailed your good intentions. It could be that you tried to go it alone without an accountability partner.
Rather than spending time agonizing over what you did not accomplish in 2015, like the year that is almost over, put it behind you but keep the lessons learned in the forefront of your mind.
Webinar on Setting Your Goals
On Tuesday, December 29, 2015 at 4:00 pm PST/7:00 pm EST, I will be hosting a Webinar: “Set S.M.A.R.T Goals for Success in 2016.” I invite you to join me for this 30-minute call. During the Webinar we will cover:
- The essential ingredient in goal-setting
- S.M.A.R.T goals explained and why you need them
- How to deal with obstacles to your goals.
Register for the call at: http://YvonneAJones.com/registration2.
Let’s focus on making 2016 the best year ever by understanding how to achieve your goals in the areas that you choose to give priority.