When you customize something you usually want to add your individuality to it and make it reflect more clearly who you are and the purpose it serves. This is also true when you take steps to claim the custom or vanity URL for your Facebook business page.
Benefits of Claiming the Vanity URL for Your Facebook Business Page
There are several benefits to claiming the custom or vanity URL for your Facebook business page. Among them are:
1. A URL that’s easy to share and easy to find:
Here is an example of the default Facebook page URL:
Imagine trying to remember all of these numbers to tell a customer where to find your Facebook page, and just imagine the room for error in keying in all those numbers. He or she would probably give up before actually getting to the page.
Here is an example of the address after you’ve claimed the custom URL:
2. Increased visibility online: The major social media platforms, including Facebook, have high authority status and rank highly in Google search results. As a result, your accounts on those platforms are likely to appear on the first two pages for your name in quotation marks.
3. Makes it more memorable.
4. Reflects what you do and how you serve others
Steps to claiming the Custom/Vanity URL for your Facebook Page
These are the steps outlined on Facebook
- Go to www.facebook.com/username
- Select “Select a Username” for your page
- This brings up a drop down menu, select the page you want to create the username for.
- If your page has the needed 25 fans it will bring up a box .
- Enter your desired username and click on “check availablilty”
- If it’s available, you will be shown some final terms – if you are happy with your choice click “confirm” or select “cancel” to try another one.
In order to claim your custom or vanity URL you must usually have a minimum of 25 Likes. There have been some exceptions, but frankly, I have no idea why some page owners can claim their vanity URL before they get to 25 likes, while others cannot. You must be an Admin on the page to be able to select a User Name. Make it short, if possible, so it’s easily remembered. Finally, choose a username you’ll be happy with for the long term because Usernames are not transferable, and you can only change your Username once.
If you’ve not done so, claim the vanity URL for your Facebook Page today and have a custom URL you can easily share with others and attract more likes and engagement to your page.