- Make sure you have a great profile starting with a good headshot. Keep your profile consistent across platforms.
- For you to be an Influencer, you must exert that influence over someone, and the persons you want to have an impact on include your prospects, clients, and customers. It means that you must do research to find out where they hang out and make sure that you are hanging out on those social media platforms.
- Nurture relationships that you initiate on social media, and take them off and into the physical world as soon as you can.
- Be active on your social media platforms on a regular basis.
- Provide value and minimize self-promotion.
One way you can provide value and build social media influence is to provide good quality content on your social media sites. An important point to keep in mind as you post content is that everything you do on social media affects your personal brand. It will also affect your online reputation, since your readers, friends, and followers are getting to know you and what you stand for by the type of content that you post on social media.
It is not enough to be posting regularly on your chosen sites. You want to have good content that educate, make people smile or even laugh, and share other people’s content. This means sharing text, images, including Infographics, and videos that people may also want to share. It is always important to keep in mind that social media is all about sharing and building relationships. People share their thoughts, their feedback on products, and they love to share images and anything that is fun. The following is a fairly good guideline to follow regarding the content you share on your social media sites:
It is that you use the 50/30/20 rule, with 50% of your content coming from news, 30% of your content should be about you, your personality and what you do online. The last 20% should contain information about your business. You do not want to confuse these last two as they are quite different.
When posting content, it’s best to post content that is positive. Combine this with a friendly personality and you are well on your way to build your social media influence. This is much better than being known for always posting negative content and being a whiner. Most people do not want to follow someone who is always negative and posting negative thoughts and comments. Share with your followers and readers what you’re doing in your business and allow some of your personality to shine through.
Use your social media sites to have fun while building your reputation, your brand, and your social media influence.
What type of content have you found to get the most engagement on your social media channels? Please share in the comments below.